Summer activities and Northern lights in the Reisa national park
Come and enjoy the silence of the arctic nature and experience pure wilderness in the North of Norway. In the evening you may admire even the northern lights on our safaris.
Your basecamp will be the Reisafjord Hotel in Sørkjosen. The rooms are newly renovated and offer nice views of the Reisafjord and the mountains. Sitting in the restaurant you can follow the locals working at the harbour and enjoy the view of the Reisafjord while we serve you traditional dishes made from local produce.
The villages Sørkjosen and Storslett are not big, but offers you insight in the local life in northern Norway with cafes, restaurants and many shops.
Schedule 1. Day: Pick up from Tromsø or Alta to the Reisafjord. The drive takes about 3,5 hours and will give you a first impression of the beautiful nature in our region. Check in at the Reisafjord Hotel in Sørkjosen. In the evening, we serve you a traditional Norwegian dinner.
- Day: After a good breakfast, we will leave to visit a sleddog kennel. From there we will do a tour on wheels with a sleddog team. The whole activity takes around 2-3 hours included lunch and something to drink. If it is wet and muddy, we will provide you as well with extra clothes. If it is too warm, we need to move the activity to the evening, so we do not harm the dogs.
Back at the hotel, coffee, tea and waffles are waiting for you – a good Norwegian tradition.
After the dinner, we will go chasing the Northern Lights. After a short transfer by car, we will find a protected place where we will make a bonfire and wait for the Northern Lights to appear. Back at midnight
- Day: Today we will visit the Reisa National park and the impressive Mollisfossen, a 269 meter high waterfall. After a transfer into the Reisa valley, we will participate in a wonderful riverboat tour all the way up into the Reisa National park. The riverboard tour is a thrilling but safe experience that brings you close to the wilderness. On the National park border, we will stop to watch some newly discovered rock paintings before we will arrive at the Mollisfossen. Here we will serve you some snacks and drinks before we head back again.
Dinner in the afternoon and the possibility to add an extra northern light safari.
- Day: Departure day.
You are welcome to extend your stay – there is so much to discover! Extra day included half board: NOK 750,- NOK per pers in a dbl. room (sgl. room spl. 380,- NOK)
- Hiking tour in the region (3 -6 hours): NOK 1 150,- Join our experienced guide on an adventure off the beaten tracks. We take you to our own favourite locations in the Reisavalley or along the Reisa and Lyngenfjord. We have several different locations to choose from, and together we pick a route which best suits your interests and fitness.
- Tales of Ovi Raishiin - culture and culinary experiencein the Reisa Valley. (4-5 hours): NOK 1 600,- (available from 01. Oktober) While waiting for the Northern Lights to show up, you can warm yourself around the campfire or the stove inside our facilities at Visitors Point. Listen to stories based on local history and culture as we serve you a delicious dinner made from local produce. Experience the natural surroundings as they appeared to our forefathers – before artificial light, flushing toilets and sealed roads. Listen to folk songs and tales about the landscape, the people who lived here before, local myths, legends and us. Back at the hotel around midnight.
- Northern Lights Safari (4 hours): NOK 1 150,-
- Visit Kronebutikken (2 hours): NOK 750,- Kronebutikken is one of the oldest houses in the region and contains different products/businesses by craftswomen from the region. You will learn more about the meeting of the three tribes, you can try to make your own handcraft with reindeer or fish skin with the craftswoman Hilde Marie Lund, or visit the northernmost syrup factory in the world. Finally, we will show you a multimedia show about the region and we will serve you lunch comprising of local dishes. Includes: Storytelling, do your own handcraft or visit the northernmost syrup factory of the world, multimedia show, lunch, coffee/tea.
- 3 nights with half board
- Pick up from Tromsø or Alta
- 1x Northern Light safari
- 1x Riverboat tour into the Reisa National Park and to Mollisfossen waterfall
- 1x Dogsledding on wheels
9 950,- NOK per person Single room spl. 1 140,- NOK
Children from 5 – 12 year, 50% discount
Min 2. Pers.
Arrivals/Departure: every day
Season: 01. September until 15 October
From mid of October, the winter usually arrives in the North. It might be necessary to adjust the activities if the weather turns into winter.