The Sami are the indigenous people of the North and our Sami guide would like you to get to know his culture better both past, present and future, through tasting some typical Sami food, seeing and learning about Sami artifacts and hearing stories and joik ( traditional Sami song). If you are lucky, the guide will even share some secrets how to survive in an extreme Artic nature.
The Reindeer sledding is an important part of the experience as the oldest known for of transport in the north and a central part of the Sami culture. After sledding, you will participate the feeding session of the nice herd of reindeer at our camp, and here you will have plenty of time to get up-close and personal with our charming creatures.
What is included: ( 3 hours)
- Knowledgeable English-speaking Sami guide
- Story telling in Sami tent(Lavvu) with Sami food tasting
- Hot beverages and hot meal ( Traditional Sami stew - Bidos)
- Reindeer sledding (approx.. 20-30 min - depending on weather and snowconditions)
- Feeding ther herd of reindeer
Number of participants: 2-45 persons
January 2019 : 6-45 persons
Level of difficulty: Easy outdoors / family-friendly. Full access for wheel-chair
Period: 01.10.2018 - 31.03.2019
Price: Adult 1590,-
Youth ( 13-17) 1290,-
Child (4-12) 700,-
Infants ( 0-03) free